Dear Parent/Guardian and Students:
Thank you for showing interest in participating in the middle school athletic program. We strongly encourage all students to participate regardless of skill level and are committed to providing a positive experience for all athletes that participate. Please read each section carefully:
Eligibility: In order to be eligible to participate in any sport each student must:
- Have an athletic physical on file with the school. (see Physical Form below)
- Complete the online registration with Family ID
- Have the $55 athletic fee paid and have no outstanding athletic fees.
- Be currently earning a 2.5, or beter, GPA.
- Be in attendance all day unless a pre-arranged absence has been scheduled.
- Oregon Trail Middle Schools has a “no-cut policy.”
- All students who are eligible may participate in games.
- Playing time is at the discretion of the coach.
Supervision and Transportation:
- Practice will be from 2:30- 4:30 p.m. every day. (Unless otherwise set by the coach). Rides should arrive no later than 4:45 p.m. to transport students home. Supervision will only be until 4:45 p.m. during practice.
- There will be ONE-WAY transportation to away competitions except designated on the schedule. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to arrange a timely return trip home from games.
Practice Attendance and Attire:
- Students must attend practice every day they are in attendance at school or they will be benched for a portion of the next game.
- If your student will miss practice due to a pre-scheduled appointment please notify the coach in writing prior to the absence. If students misses practice due to a sudden emergency please notify the coach a.s.a.p.
- Students should bring clothing to be prepared to practice in all weather conditions including wet, cold, and warm weather.
- Students are expected to display good sportsmanship both on and off the court/mat/field. Any exhibit of poor sportsmanship will result in an apology letter and a game suspension.
- Spectators are expected to set an example of good sportsmanship as well. If a spectator is disruptive during an event he/she will be asked to leave.
- Please take this exact form with you to the physical appointment. This form is required by the OSAA for all middle and high school athletes in the state of Oregon.
Please feel free to contact your home school with any questions or concerns.