2008 BOND PROJECTS COMPLETED
All 2008 Bond designated projects are completed:
- Our new 21st century Sandy High School opened in fall 2012!
- Every Oregon Trail school was upgraded with:
- WiFi network throughout, including all classrooms
- Cameras monitoring security to buildings
- New phone system, including classroom phones
- Electronic security/card-access to buildings
- Single button lockdown capability
- Some of our schools also received, as needed:
- Roof repairs or replacement
- Siding replacement
- Window and door replacement
- HVAC system upgrades
Our new Cedar Ridge Middle School opened for students on November 27, 2017
In 2008 when voters approved a bond measure to build a new high school, possibilities opened up for the campus on Bluff Road.
Renovations to the main school building began in early spring 2017. The campus has been transformed and now has the capacity to effectively accommodate Cedar Ridge students. The student capacity is approximately 650.
View the complete list of renovations completed at the new Cedar Ridge site.
Taxpayer dollars were spent wisely and stretched further
Additional bond funded projects included:
- Single point of entry vestibules constructed at every school
- Perimeter fencing installed around every school
- Two additional classrooms built at Naas Elementary to accommodate growing enrollment
- Sandy High track replaced
- Turf fields installed at Sandy High, including:
- Varsity football field
- JV baseball and softball infields
- Varsity baseball and softball infields and outfields
The Cedar Ridge renovation is the last project to be funded in-part by bond funds. The district used bond residuals and interest earnings, the construction excise tax, and proceeds from the sale of the Cedar Ridge/Aquatic Center property to the City of Sandy.
In addition, Oregon Trail taxpayers will see $10 million in savings
In April 2017 the OTSD Board of Directors authorized the district to pursue refunding the eligible portion of the bond by issuing less expensive replacement bonds, taking advantage of the favorable financial market. The bond savings were deferred for two years in order to see a bigger yield, so our community will see the tax rate decrease in 2019-2020.