The required Career-Related Learning Standards (CRLS) are met when students complete a series of career activities throughout four years of high school. These primarily occur in Social Studies Foundations, Personal Finance, and through their Extended Application. The six standards are:
• Personal Management
• Problem Solving
• Employment Foundations
• Career Development
The required Career-Related Learning Experiences (CRLE) is an extension of the CRLS. The students will apply the CRLS skills in three relevant and vigorous CRLEs. The CRLE graduation requirements are:
1. Successful completion of Mock Job Interview and Resume:
• Student must submit a resume.
• Actively participate and pass a Mock Job Interview.
• Pass a post-interview evaluation.
2. Successful completion of a Job Shadow:
• Career exploration using the Career Information System tool (CIS).
• In-depth career exploration – job shadow experience (8 hours).
• Evaluation completed by the individual student shadowed.
• Thank you letter.
• Job Shadow Reflective Essay questions.
Print Job Shadow Packet Here: Job Shadow Packet 2019-20
Any questions please contact Molly Simoni in the College and Career Center at 503-668-8011 x7111 or firstname.lastname@example.org