Athletics Information & Forms
Dear Parent/Guardian and Students:
Thank you for showing interest in participating in the middle school athletic program. We strongly encourage all students to participate regardless of skill level and are committed to providing a positive experience for all athletes that participate.Please read each section carefully:
Eligibility: In order to be eligible to participate in any sport each student must:
- Have an athletic physical on file with the Administration. (See Athletic Physical Form below)
- Complete the online registration through FamilyID.
- Have the $55 athletic fee paid and have no outstanding athletic fees.
- Be currently earning a 2.0, or better, GPA, and no F's.
- Be in attendance all day unless a pre-arranged absence has been scheduled.
- Oregon Trail Middle Schools has a “no cut policy.”
- All students who are eligible may participate in games.
- Playing time is at the discretion of the coach.
Supervision and Transportation:
- Practice will be from 2:30- 4:30 p.m. every day. (Unless otherwise set by the coach). Rides should arrive no later than 4:45 p.m. to transport students home. Supervision will only be until 4:45 p.m. during practice.
- There will be ONE-WAY transportation to away competitions except designated on the schedule. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to arrange a timely return trip home from games.
Practice Attendance and Attire:
- Students must attend practice every day. Students need to be in attendance at school or they will be benched for a portion of the next game.
- If your student will miss practice due to a pre-scheduled appointment, please notify the coach in writing prior to the absence. If a student misses practice due to a sudden emergency, please notify the coach ASAP.
- Students should bring clothing to be prepared to practice in all weather conditions, including wet, cold, and warm weather.
- Students are expected to display good sportsmanship both on and off the court/mat/field. Any exhibit of poor sportsmanship will result in an apology letter and a game suspension.
- Spectators are expected to set an example of good sportsmanship as well. If a spectator is disruptive during an event he/she will be asked to leave.
BMS Athletic Director
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 503-668-9393 ext. 6328